Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Robyn's nest

I have 5 children. 3 I have birthed and 2 stepdaughters. They are Joray 22, Tazesha 18, Israel 12, Ava 8 and Titus at 1 year old. I love them all to the moon and back. Tazesha I have raised since age 4 and I am her mommy. Her father and I were together for 12 years. After she graduated high school in August she moved back in with me.
My family feels most complete with her here. Her sense of humor and silly personality is similar to mine. We dork out dancing to music and play uno. She has helped me so much since I got sick. She will help take kids to practice, help grocery shop and make dinner on occasion. She is also my evening walking partner.  
     She is leaving for the airforce next week. My feelings are mixed about this. The discipline and commitment  that comes with serving are positive  traits she will have forever. I'm proud of her but I wish she wasn't moving so far away. She is joining the airforce because she had no plans, because they will pay for education and because it will be an adventure. She is nervous, excited and out of shape. We have been walking with sprinting for her. I wish I could fly there with her and hold her hand like I did the first day of kindergarten.
     I look forward to hearing how basic training goes and seeing her at Christmas. I will wait by the phone for calls and send letters.

3 comments:

  1. She's a beautiful young woman, and she's going to be fine in the Air Force. Good choice! I'm biased because I was in the Air Force, too. She'll meet so many new people! It will open her world up wide, Robyn and set the stage for the rest of her life.

    How lucky she is to have a mom like you, standing behind her, supporting her 100 percent. With you at her back, she'll be magnificent. You'll see. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robion,, they are all our kids. I feel responsibility for the well being of you child the same way i feel it is important for my sons. I hope she finds opportunity, hey place and a family. The two toughies poisons int he army, soldiers and soldiers mom

    thanks you for sharing he with us to defend out nation.

    rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn:

    I want to let you know, that I opened a survey this afternoon for RABlog week 2016. I hope you will drop by and answer a few questions about Blog week so I can do some planning. The survey link is:

    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QY52KKP

    Rick Phillips


    ReplyDelete