Thursday, September 24, 2015

5 things I've learned since diagnosis

1) Patience
Before I got sick I was a very impatient person. Go ,go ,go-rush, rush...hurry, hurry. I walked around people in a hurry on the sidewalk. I passed people in my car. I got irritated waiting for others. This chroniclife really slows you down, especially when you can't move without pain. You wait to see your doctor.  You wait for scripts, wait for test results and wait to take pain meds.
While I still pass people on the freeway, I have a lot more patients now.
2) I've learned more about the body. After diagnosis I read and still do. I can't get enough info about my rare disease stills. *fact* Unlike other autioimmune diseases stills disease effects men & women equally.
3) I learned which foods lower inflamation in the body. There are several but some are: salmon, leafy greens, nuts, tumeric, garlic, ginger & tart cherries.
4) I now know that there are lots of people who live with daily chronic pain. I had no clue so many were suffering in silence.
5) More than anything else I've learned
I AM STRONG. The physical pain I've endured in the last year has been more intense than anything I've known. I have battled depression, body image, fear and loneliness in addition.
These are more challenges than I've ever fought simultaneously. I was never alone, God gave me stregnth.  I'm still battling but I know I'm strong enough to get through with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment