Wednesday, September 9, 2015

I've been waiting for you

Do you ever feel like you have
 been waiting forever? 

Waiting on an upcoming appointment, lab results, an opportunity for a better job, true love, a cure or just waiting on someone who ran into the store? I'm terrible at waiting & very impatient. Lets just say its not my best attribute. This world has us wanting things fast, fast, fast. Truth is, it's not reasonable to expect things at that speed.
 I have been handed a new life.  It's not one I would have chosen but it's one that has taught me a little patience.  I became sick with a rare chronic disease and life has slowed way down. While still not happy waiting for someone who's in the store,  I am learning to relax a bit. Enjoy the song on the radio, actually taste my food, smell the flowers- however cliche.  We are not promised another day on this earth so try to relax & enjoy the moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment